Thanks for expressing interest in receiving Rap Coaching from me. I’m looking forward to working with you and helping you reach those goals!
Here are some details regarding the rap vocal session and what I offer.
My 1-hour session is based upon 5 pillars of rap excellence:
1. Mind, Body, Spirit
3. Freestyling/ Channeling Flow State
4. Creation (Create your flow)
5. Embodiment (Be the flow)
1. We begin the session stretching, setting intentions and goals, visualizing, and grounding ourselves in a powerful place of presence and flow. Doing so allows us to come from a place of truth when synching the mind, body, and soul into our rap practice.
2. The breath is the foundation of the voice. We do a couple breathing techniques to bring more life into our rap vocal deliveries. This also allows us to get our bodies and voices more activated and energized to set the tone for the rest of the session. (Did you know a lot of dope rappers like Jay-Z, Nas, and Eminem have amazing breath control?). Stronger diaphragms make better rappers.
3. Free-styling or the art of coming up with lines off the top of the dome, allows one to channel higher states of consciousness in the moment. Studies show increased activities in areas of the brain associated with creativity, motivation, emotion, language, and motor skills. So this helps one to gain more confidence using imagination & fun and becoming a better rapper overall.
4. We create our flow with writing exercises. You will leave the session with your own personal rap/s and more confidence. Depending on the students rap level and goals, I work to accommodate those needs.
5. The student embodies the flow and in a sense, becomes the verse or song. Here, we take verses whether fresh and original or another artist’s song lyrics and we focus on the performance aspect: delivery, cadence, style, swagger, tonality etc. Our goal is to bring that verse /poem/speech/song to life and get the student to connect to it on an even deeper level.
Kiyoshi’s rap coaching sessions are transformational, powerful, and incredibly healing on multiple levels. It’s way more than just rap. He uses the art of vocal expression as a tool for personal self development, coaching methods he’s used personally that’ve helped him in his 20+ years of performing.
Kiyoshi has a passion to serve and inspire others to reach their fullest potential. He has a background studying Hatha Yoga and Reiki, and incorporates holistic practices into his coaching.
In each of his sessions, students perform activities in very fun and safe container.
-Break through fears
-Gain self trust
-Learn how to perform in front of others
-Learn how to own a stage
-Heal yourself on multiple levels
-Learn how to write songs
-Have more freedom in one’s vocal expression
-Much much more!
4 Class Pack
8 Class Pack
Payments are required up front, before we begin the first session, for the package deals.
If client can’t pay up front for 8 class pack, then have them pay $340 up front, then
Pay $340 on the 4th lesson.
Class packs have to be done in the first 90 days or 3 months.
$75 each person for 1.5 hours